Saturday, January 14, 2012

Timeline

I created my Facebook timeline, and in doing so I discovered two things when just skimming over it quickly.  The first thing I noticed is that I need to clean up my posts.  The mechanics of my writing are awful, and I did used to be a real teacher.  If I were to ever look for a job and someone looked me up, my Facebook page wouldn't say much for my use of the English language.
The second thing that was oh, so obvious just scrolling quickly through is that I have an amazing life.  Watching TV or looking at magazines often makes me envious of things other people have.  Seeing the beautiful people in my life makes me at once grateful and ashamed.  Ashamed that I ever wished that I had more things than I do.
I hope to take this reminder and use it to make myself a better wife, mother, daughter, friend, and teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment